Why are Pest Birds Attracted to Solar Panels?
Solar panelling is a perfect nesting or roosting site, providing shelter and warmth for pigeons and other pest birds. The birds can build their nest under the panel bringing debris, mites and noise as well as fouling the area and the solar panel surface with their droppings. This may result in costly damage and repairs to the wiring, panel surface and components as well as loss of efficiency.
There are a variety of bird proofing solutions available for solar paneling to prevent pest birds impacting your solar panel installation and its efficiency.
An effective solar panel proofing solution will protect the panels, wiring and components, prevent the pest birds from nesting and bringing the associated bird mess, noise and debris.
When to install Bird Proofing for Solar Panels
It is recommended that a new solar panel installation is proofed immediately to prevent a bird problem occurring so that it will:
- save you time and cost due to potential additional maintenance
- potentially save money by giving our team use of high access equipment already in place
Solar Paneling Bird Proofing Solutions
There are a number of bird proofing methods, however the most effective is to use a specially designed solar paneling mesh proofing product. The solar proofing mesh provides protection from every type of pest birds. Our solar panel proofing:
- Is virtually invisible from the ground
- Can be installed without drilling and screwing preventing any damage to the solar panels
- Can be secured with clips that won’t scratch the panels
- Can be removed to allow easy access for servicing
- Will not invalidate the solar panels warranty